Tuesday, January 15, 2013

My Drawing

If I were to draw
the pain you put me through
this is exactly
what I would go and do
I'd probably start with a man
as happy as can be
this would represent
someone who was like me
next I draw a tiny cut
from him falling down
turning his smile half a circle
into a tiny frown
then I'd draw him getting hit
beaten up and bruised
and make it look real bad
to show how he has been misused
next I'd draw his legs
ripped off along with his arm
all of this happening
purely to cause him harm
matted down and bloody
later I'd draw his chest
dying from knife wounds
that spread from east to west
then I'd draw his heart
lying next to his head
the first ripped from his chest
the second full of dread
finally drawing his body
burning in a fire
and watch the bright orange flames
rise ever so much higher
all that would be left is dust
that wind would blow away
starting over my picture
and leaving me to say
that if I were to draw
the pain you put me through
I wouldn't have to draw a thing
all because of you.
                    - Corruption's Blood

No comments:

Post a Comment